Holiday Shipping Schedule
To receive your order(s) before Christmas:
- Residential delivery - Order by 11:59am EST on Dec. 18th
- School delivery - Order by Dec. 12th for immediate shipment
(all orders placed after Dec. 12th will be held for shipment on Dec. 30th)
- Living/Perishable Material orders - 2nd day air delivery is available up to Dec. 20th. No shipments will be made between Dec 23-27. Overnight deliveries only Dec 23rd-Jan 3rd.
Shipping Methods for Online Orders
We offer three convenient shipping methods for online orders. Please note that many products can only ship using limited shipping methods, such as living/perishable items, which can only ship Second Day or Overnight. Please see details lower on this page.
- Standard delivery—Orders arrive in 5-10 business days.
- 2nd Day delivery—Orders placed by 12 Noon (ET) arrive within 2 business days.
- Overnight delivery—Orders placed by 12 Noon (ET) arrive within 1 business day.
Shipping Rates and Fees
Our website will apply shipping rates and fees based on the type of purchasing you're doing.
- Schools, Institutions, and Organizations—for qualified customers, our website will calculate your freight & handling charges based on the weight of the items in your order, the destination/distance, and your freight terms and discounts.
During Checkout, you will see a Freight & Handling total for your entire order. You must be logged in and your User Profile must be associated to your school in order to get the appropriate freight terms and applicable discounts. Visit the My Organization page using the My Account link at the top of the site to view your contract terms.
- Customers Shopping for Home Use—if you are shopping with a personal credit card and are not associated to a school, institution, or qualified organization, our website will calculate your freight fees using the matrix below.
|Merchandise Subtotal||Standard||Second Day||Overnight|
|$0-$49.99||$7.95||Additional $10||Additional $20|
|$50-$99.99||$9.95||Additional $10||Additional $20|
|$100+||10% of Subtotal||Additional $10||Additional $20|
Shipping Information for Special Item Types
Living & Perishable Items
Most of our living/perishable products are available to arrive any day of the week, offering you maximum flexibility. Living/perishable items can only ship via Second Day or Overnight methods to assure they arrive as quickly as possible.
Special Order living/perishable materials have very specific arrival timeframes, and many require several-week lead times for culturing or preparation. Please read all product details carefully before purchasing.
A single, $2 fee will be added to any order containing living/perishable materials. This fee covers special packaging (including heat or cold packs) to ensure your materials arrive in the proper condition.
The shipment of many hazardous items is regulated by the US Department of Transportation. Items subject to regulation are identified by one of three hazardous material icons on our website. Hazardous materials shipments incur an additional transportation fee which is charged by the carrier.
Orders for hazardous materials (and kits and sets containing these items) can only be accepted from schools, research institutions, medical facilities, and businesses. Hazardous materials cannot be shipped to individuals, homeschoolers, and other customers, but there is often a safe item that can be substituted.
Some of our items are drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer. Drop-shipped items vary in their shipping timeframes and this information is available on the item's detail page—such as "This item ships from the manufacterer and will arrive in 2-4 weeks". These items are also separated from in-stock products on the Shipping Methods step of Checkout.
When an item is not in stock, but we have more on the way, you can backorder the item. Backorder information along with the expected availability date is presented on the item's detail page. These items are also separated from in-stock products on the Shipping Methods step of Checkout.
During Checkout, your order may be divided into multiple shipments that arrive at different times. For example, living/perishable materials (and the kits and sets that contain them) arrive on the date(s) you specify, but other items in your order may ship and arrive at different times. Similarly, if your order contains backordered or drop-shipped items, they will also arrive separately. Please note that even if your order is broken out into multiple shipments, you will not be charged for each shipment.