Conferences & Workshops
Experience Carolina's "World of Inquiry" at a Conference Near You
Carolina's team attends several domestic and international education conferences every year, including the national and regional National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) conferences (and many others). At each conference our exhibits provide you the opportunity to explore our products through interactive workshops. Our exhibits let our staff learn how we can better serve you—a crucial component of our world-class support.
Stop by our booth at any of the conferences for an experience that is:
- Hands-On—Test drive our products and discover (or rediscover) Carolina quality
- Educational—Learn about a concept or procedure that has always intrigued you
- Fun—Enjoy learning and doing in a relaxed, collegial environment
Conference and Workshop Schedules
View our Conference and Workshop Schedule to find out where and when you can join Carolina in person. This schedule is updated throughout the year, so be sure to check back often so you don't miss us!
AP Conference - July 9-12, 2014 - Philadelphia, PA
NAOSMM Conference - July 27-August 1, 2014 - Indianapolis, IN
BCCE Conference - August 3-7, 2014 - Allendale, MI
Exhibits and In-Booth Demonstrations
When you visit a conference where Carolina is exhibiting, step into our booth to enter a true science education "experience". We offer continuous engaging, hands-on demonstrations where you can get involved—and maybe even walk away with some goodies of your own.
Plus, each in-booth demonstration visitor will receive a Carolina QuickTips™ sheet that features an overview of the demo, materials list, activity procedure, and additional information so you can re-create these useful activities in your own classroom. You can also speak with our expert staff members to learn about our latest products and services. Plus, we love to meet teachers!
Carolina offers a wide range of workshop sessions at most of the conferences we attend. Workshops usually take a hands-on approach, where attendees get a chance to experience our products and solutions. Our broad topic coverage assures that there is something for everyone, including Life Science, Physical Science, Earth and Space Science, Curriculum Programs, eLearning Solutions, Inquiry-Based Education Topics, and much more. If you are attending a conference with Carolina workshops, be sure to sign up early, as most of our workshops fill up fast.
If you’ve recently attended a conference and participated in one of our exciting workshops, please visit our Workshop Details and Resources page to download the presentations and information about the products featured in the sessions.
Event Photos and Videos
If you attended a recent conference or want to have a look at our latest booth experience, check them out on our Facebook page.
Conference Contests and Contest Winners
If you've ever seen an enormous crowd gathered inside the Carolina booth, we were probably holding one of our famous giveaways. At many shows we attend, we will hold contests for Carolina Gift Certificates, Carolina products, and a number of other goodies. So be sure to check with our booth staff to learn about any giveaways or contests that might be going on at the show you're attending. If you had to leave a recent conference early, check back on this page to find out if you were a winner!
Congratulations to the following people who won special prizes from Carolina in 2014:
NSTA - National Conference
- Lara Walleston of Walpole, WA ("Perfect" T-shirt & Carolina™ Forensic Dissection Kit winner)
- Yolanda Sproles of Greenwood, MS ("Perfect" T-shirt & Carolina™ Forensic Dissection Kit winner)
- Nealyn Dunlop of New Bedford, MA ("Perfect" T-shirt & Carolina™ Young Scientists Dissection Bundle winner)
- Dominque Miller of Grenada, MS ("Perfect" T-shirt & Carolina™ Forensic Dissection Kit winner)
- Katelyn Lakin of Guymon, OK ("Perfect" T-shirt & Carolina™ Cat Dissection Kit winner)
- Rebecca Hauser of Latrobe, PA (Spectronic® Spectrophotometer 200 winner)
- Deborah Yacashin of North Sutton, NH (Human Ligamentous Plastic Skeleton winner)
- Janet Baird of Chandler, OK (GloFish® LED Aquarium winner)
- David Mangus of Enfield, CT (Carolina STEM Challenge®: Balloon Race Cars Kit winner)
- Steve Ellis of Markesan, WI (Unlimited Carolina Science Online® Schoolwide License winner)
- Patty Betteley of Madison, OH (1 Year High School Whiteboard Activities Subscription winner)
- Stanley Wolf of Watertown, MA (1 Year Twig Science Videos Schoolwide Subscription winner)
- Jason Larocque of Danvers, MA (1 Year TigTag Science Videos Schoolwide Subscription winner)
- Katy Lustofin of Marietta, OH ($100 Carolina Gift Certificate winner)
- Martha McGlasson of Boone, NC ($100 Carolina Gift Certificate winner)