- How to Care for Painted Lady Butterfly Cultures Learn how to care for Painted Lady Butterflies. View »
- Flipping the Safety Discussion and the Lab Work Flipped learning allows you to maximize class time and minimize repetition. Colorado teacher Jennifer Maze highlights the advantages of recording lab safety discussions. She offers sample videos and tips on getting started. View »
- Sweet Solutions for Science on a Shoestring, Part 1 The approach of Valentine’s Day can distract students and disrupt learning. Instead of opposing the day, celebrate it with a couple of “sweet” lab activities that use inexpensive materials to teach key science concepts. View »
- Big Ideas in Evolution Made Simple—Cosmos and Yeast Respiration Help your students understand the Big Ideas in evolution through hands-on investigations and the 2014 TV series Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. Science teacher Matthew Bostick presents background information, suggests several ideas for hands-on investigations, and offers follow-up questions to tie together some of the Big Ideas. View »
- Science of Love: Oxytocin and Other Love Chemicals What is it about that special someone? What keeps people together long after the sparks start flying? We all have questions about love. And science has some of the answers. View »
- Summary of the Equation for the Magnitude of Centripetal Force Circular motion is covered in almost every physics class. This article steps you through the algebra-based derivation of the centripetal force equation. View »
- Derivation of the Kinematics Equation A solid understanding of kinematics equations and how to employ them to solve problems is essential for success in physics. Take a quick look the algebraic derivations behind these equations. View »
- Violets Shine Blue Classic demo with a violet laser pointer may be used as a discrepant event to discuss light waves, fluorescence, or chemical quenching. View »
- Bending Light Light travels in a straight path. Find out how get light to “bend” and follow a curved stream of water! View »
- Why Use Twig? Hear why this teacher and her colleagues enjoy using Twig videos along with the support materials. View »
- Twig Lesson Plan: Newton's Laws of Motion A custom lesson plan that implements Twig science videos and resources to teach student to recognize Newton's laws of motion. View »
How-to Videos & Tips
Connect With Carolina!
@carolinabio on Twitter
Need Tech Support?
Chat instantly with our Customer Service and Technical Support personnel, 8am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday.
Call Us - 800.334-5551
If you have questions, Customer Service is ready to assist you. From 7am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday.