- How to Care for Painted Lady Butterfly Cultures Learn how to care for Painted Lady Butterflies. View »
- The Differentiated Flip As a teacher, you know that differentiating instruction is important and flipping your classroom can be effective. New Jersey teacher Jennifer Kaltenbach shares her strategy for combining both approaches. “Each year I see improved results,” she says. View »
- How Animals Survive Over Winter We humans survive cold winter temperatures with hats, coats, and gloves or by staying indoors. But other organisms have developed different ways to deal with frigid weather. Add relevance to your students’ study of homeostasis with this article about animal behavior during winter. View »
- Case Study: Helping Students "See" What Science is All About A case study on how a New Jersey school district with an ethnically diverse population gains full conceptual understanding of their science studies through stunning imagery. View »
- Twig Lesson Plan: Day and Night A custom lesson plan that implements Twig science videos and resources to teach how the Earth's rotation causes day and night. View »
- Twig Lesson Plan: What is a Cell? A custom lesson plan that implements Twig science videos and resources to teach about cells. View »
- Ring and Disc Demonstration Gain a deeper understanding of the classic ring and disc physics demonstration designed to introduce the concepts of rotational inertia, rotational motion, and rolling motion. View »
- The Science of Rainbows The spectrum of a rainbow helps students learn about light and waves properties View »
- Make the Invisible Visible: Detecting IR Light with a Smart Phone What do a smart phone and a pit viper have in common? The ability to detect infrared light. View »
- What's the Buzz About? Sound in a Vacuum Sound waves require a medium through which they travel. No medium (even air), no sound. Easily demonstrate this concept with a vacuum pump, buzzer, and jar. View »
- Energy Is Energy Energy that we use has to come from somewhere. Even though one form of energy may seem different from another form, it really is all the same. Energy is energy. View »
How-to Videos & Tips
Connect With Carolina!
@carolinabio on Twitter
Need Tech Support?
Chat instantly with our Customer Service and Technical Support personnel, 8am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday.
Call Us - 800.334-5551
If you have questions, Customer Service is ready to assist you. From 7am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday.