AP Biology Lab 7-8 Take-Home Exam
AP Exam time is fast approaching! Try these teacher-tested, take-home tests to let your students determine their readiness for the upcoming exams. These are great for review after each lab or as a group as a final review.
Lab 7 (Genetics & chi-square)
- What does chi-square measure?
- What are the chances of getting the following from a cross of AaBbCC x AaBBCc genotype of AaBBCC?
- Complete the following table for the following incomplete
dominance monohybrid cross:
Bb x Bb where BB= black fur; Bb= auburn fur; bb= albino fur
Observed phenotype Expected phenotype Chi square 30 black 40 brown 30 albino
- At the 0.05 probability level, are the results significantly different from what was expected?
Lab 8 (Population genetics)
- What are the 5 assumptions
for Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?
- What do the following stand for:
- In a Hardy-Weinberg population, the frequency of the a allele is 0.4. What is the frequency of individuals with Aa genotype?
- In a population with 2 alleles, A and a, the frequency of a is 0.6. What would be the frequency of heterozygotes if the population is in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?
- Why was the heterozygous condition for sickle cell favorable against malaria?
Index to Exams
*AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in and does not endorse this Web site.