AP Biology Labs 1-2 Take-Home Exam
AP Exam time is fast
approaching! Try these teacher-tested, take-home tests to let your
students determine their readiness for the upcoming exams. These are
great for review after each lab or as a group as a final review.
Lab 1 (Diffusion and osmosis)
- Some potato
cores are placed into different molar solutions. Create a
graph of the expected change in mass of the cores for the
- List the 2 components affecting the water potential of a system.
- Would a cell placed into a hypertonic solution shrink, swell, or stay the same?
- Would a cell placed into a hypotonic solution shrink, swell, or stay the same?
- Would a cell placed into an isotonic solution shrink, swell, or stay the same?
- What is plasmolysis?
Lab 2 (Enzyme Catalysis)
- What do enzymes do?
- What was the substrate in this experiment? _________________
- What was the purpose of the H2SO4 and how did it work?
- Is the consumption of substrate linear? (yes or no)_______
- In general, does raising the temperature of a solution cause the reaction rate to increase or decrease?_____________
- Create a graph of the amount of product formed over time
as a result of an enzymatic reaction.
Index to Exams
*AP and Advanced Placement Program are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in and does not endorse this Web site.