Free Content & Resources for Science Educators
- Carolina Quick Tips®: Investigating Ocean Currents In this activity, students investigate the effects of temperature, wind, and salinity on ocean currents. View »
- Video: Carolina® Spectroscopy Chamber The Carolina® Spectroscopy Chamber provides an easy, affordable way to introduce students to the world of spectral analysis. View »
- NGSS Dimension 1: Engaging in Argument from Evidence Explore the 6 skills students should master to adeptly and thoroughly engage in argumentation from evidence. View »
- Asking Questions and Defining Problems Do your students have the skills and information they need to ask well-formulated and testable questions? View »
- NGSS Dimension 1: Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information Share with students the tenets of good scientific and technical writing, oral presentation skills, and graphic design. These tips highlight the skills necessary to communicate scientific information effectively. View »
- Developing and Using Models Use this scientific model checklist to guide students through constructing and refining a scientific model. View »
- Human Body: Respiratory System Review Review respiratory system structure and function with this graphic organizer. View »
- Human Body: Respiratory System Teach respiratory system structure and function with this infographic. View »
- A Way to Think About Three-Dimensional Learning and NGSS This article offers details on shifting classroom practices toward the Next Generation Science Standards® (NGSS) and the three-dimensional learning that they prescribe. View »
- In the Classroom: NGSS Science and Engineering Practices Dimension 1 of the Next Generation Science Standards® (NGSS) is Science and Engineering Practices. This article explores the eight practices, summarizes some key points about each practice, and offers sample activities in which students may engage. View »
Need Tech Support?
Chat instantly with our Customer Service and Technical Support personnel, 8am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday.
Call Us - 800.334-5551
If you have questions, Customer Service is ready to assist you. From 7am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday.